The Howard County Office of Transportation is holding a meeting Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 7 PM at Mt. Hebron High School, 9440 Old Frederick Road (Route 99), Ellicott City, MD 21042, to share findings and recommendations from the Maryland Route 99 Corridor Investigation.
The investigation was started in response to residents’ concerns about the safety and congestion challenges on MD 99, especially in the section between Marriottsville Road and the US 29/MD 99 intersection. The MD 99 Investigation is being led by the Howard County Office of Transportation, in coordination with the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration and the Howard County Department of Public Works. The investigation reviewed a wide variety of issues and concerns raised by residents, including:
- Traffic volumes, queuing and traffic back ups
- Travel times and travel speeds at different times of the day
- Traffic signal operations
- Challenges to making left turns onto MD 99 from side streets
- Impacts of school drop-off and pickup times on traffic
- Ingress and egress at schools and school walk zones
The meeting will start at 7 PM with a presentation by staff detailing the findings and recommendations, followed by an opportunity for meeting attendees to discuss the findings and recommendations directly with staff.